Monday, July 13, 2009

My oldest in her first formal wear....




My oldest daughter picked this black formal for our cruise in September and we caught it half off at the mall after prom season and got it for just $85.

While it isn't my style by any means, I must admit it looks beautiful on her!

Of course, then a few weeks later when we were at our local Ross store at the mall, she found another one she loved (the red one). I reminded her that she already had her formal dress for the cruise (she'll be wearing another dress she already had for the 2nd formal night). She quickly said "but this one is ONLY $25 and I'll wear it to some of the formal dances in high school and you won't have to buy one for a lot more". This reasoning actually made me stop in my tracks and agree to go ahead and let her have the 2nd dress too. I also reasoned that my younger daughter likes it too and MAYBE, just MAYBE she'll want to wear it too. Plus I knew that I'd never get another deal like that and if for nothing else than future cruises, it would be worth the cost. Boy,,,they grow up so fast....


No comments: