Monday, March 30, 2009

I'm Going Cruising!!!

Yep,,,,I booked our anniversary cruise on Carnival Glory for September and the countdown has begun. I am so very excited! 7 days on a beautiful ship with hubby and our girls with port visits to Nassau, Belize, Cozumel, and Costa Maya. I suspect the next 5 months will drag at a snail's pace! lol While I dread all the amazing foods the ships are known to have, I certainly will allow myself to indulge within reason. Hubby and I have made a vow to make use of the ship gym every day and also to do plenty of walking, both on the ship and in the ports. I told him that since I have been easily maintaining 136/137 for the past few months, I think I'd like to work hard to get back down to at least 130 if not lower before the cruise. I don't necessarily want to "maintain" that weight as I am happy with where I'm at, BUT I figure if I do it then I'll feel more comfy with the cruise splurges. lol In the coming months I"ll be on the lookout for a sexy little evening dress for one of the formal nights as I already have one for the second night. Have any of you been on a cruise...if so, please share your thoughts...what you liked, didn't like, things we "must do/see".

3 comments:

Karyn said...

How exciting! That sounds like a holiday to look forward to, for sure!

I've never been on a cruise, so can't help you out with any advise.

I have heard, though, that it is pretty hard not to gain weight on a cruise. Your vow to use the gym daily and walk will certainly help in that area, though.

Post a photo of the sexy evening dress when you find it!

Lost Half of Me said...

I actually found both of my dresses this weekend and love them! I'll have to get hubby to take a couple of pics to post!

Meg said...

oh wow! that sounds so exciting!